Notice is hereby given that the Annual Meeting of all members in good standing of the Aboriginal Financial Officers Association (AFOA) of Manitoba, Inc. will be held on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Victoria Inn & Conference Hotel, Wellington Room “A”, 1808 Wellington Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba for the following purposes:
- To receive the Minutes of the February 6, 2019 Annual Meeting of Members;
- To receive the Annual Report;
- To receive the Audited Financial Statements for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019;
- To receive the Financial Statements for the period ending January 31, 2020;
- To appoint the auditor for the ensuing year;
- To hold Board of Directors Elections; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or adjournments thereof
Special resolution of the members of Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of Manitoba Inc. (the “Corporation”)
Purpose of the Proposed Resolutions:
To amend the by-laws of the Corporation to reduce the number of Members required to be present in person to constitute a quorum to transact business at a meeting of the Members of the Corporation.
Currently, the by-laws of the Corporation require 25 or more Members present in person at a meeting of the Corporation to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business of the Corporation. In order to allow the Corporation to more easily achieve a quorum the Corporation’s board is recommending that the number of Members present in person be changed from 25 to 20 in Subsection 10.09 of By-Law No. 2/2014, being the General By-Law of the Corporation.
This proposed by-law revision is captured in proposed Amending By-Law No. 1/2020.
Below, please find attached a Proxy Form. If you will not be in attendance at the Annual Meeting, you may assign your voting privileges to another member in good standing, however it is not mandatory. Proxies should be returned to AFOA MB by February 18, 2020. Good standing is defined as membership dues for 2020 paid prior to Annual General Meeting commencement.